dimarts, 7 d’abril del 2009

Mercè Rodoreda



Hello! Today I will talk to you about a catalan writer, Mercè Rodoreda.
I wanto to talk about her, because I've read one of her best books: Mirall Trencat.
At first, Merce Rodoreda was born in Barcelona 1908, and she died in Girona 1983. She won "Premi d'Honor de les Lletres Catalanes" 1980.
She wrote some novels and stories. Also she wrote poetry, theatre and painting.
She lived "la Segona República Espanyola" and "La Guerra Civil Espanyola". This war marked her a lot, and we can see it in her litrature. She was from the republican side, so and the end of the war she had to exile.
From 1939 until 1972 she was exiled. When she crossed the border, she went to Perpinyà. Later, she moved to Tolose and afterwards, to Paris. Because of the nazis she had to moved from Paris to Geneva where she lived a few years.
Now, I will talk about the book I've read: Mirall Trencat.
She wrote it in 1974. The story of this book occurs in Barcelona before "la Guerra Civil".
It's a very nice book, and I recommend you.
Kisses*

1 comentari:

y&m[*] ha dit...

I think that Mercè Rodoreda was a very good writer. Like you I have read the book "Mirall trencat". A lot of people say that this book is bad but in my opinion is a very beautiful book because the argument of it is really good. I like histories with love and hate...mystery. I recommend this book to the people that she likes to read.

Gemma do you read it?